Applications to CSC
Families considering membership are welcome to contact the membership coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to arrange a tour of the swim club.
CSC is full for 2022, but we welcome applications at any time, and encourage you to apply early to join the waitlist.
Which membership type is right for you?
- General Membership: If you are new to CSC, most families will apply for General Membership. This membership class includes the General Member, their spouse, and unmarried children under the age of 25 who reside with the General Member. The 2021 annual dues are $625. In additional, there is a $50 non-refundable application fee. If accepted, the family pays a non-refundable $265 initiation fee, and a refundable $625 bond fee.
- Masters Membership: If you are new to CSC, have no children 18 or younger in the house, and you (or at least one of the spouses) are 62 years or older, you are eligible for Masters Membership. (Please be aware that this membership class has a long wait list, and many applicants will choose to accept an offer of General Membership while waiting for a Masters spot to open up.) The 2021 annual dues are $315 for a couple and $200 for a single. In additional, there is a $50 non-refundable application fee, and once accepted, a non-refundable $265 initiation fee.
- Senior Membership: If you have been a current CSC General Membership family for at least 10 seasons, have no children 18 or younger in the house, and you (or at least one of the spouses) are 55 years or older, you can apply for a conversion to Senior Membership. This membership benefits from reduced dues, but you are no longer a bond-holding family. To apply, follow the procedures for forfeiting your bond and include the paper application for Senior Membership. No new application fee, reference letters, or initiation fee is required. The 2021 dues are $275 for a couple and $160 for a single.
Application and payment of the application fee is handled online via this website. The only external component of the application process is:
- All applicants to General or Master membership should collect reference letters from three current CSC families, and send the letters as a single batch to email@example.com
- Master Membership applicants must send a copy of ID establishing their age as 62+ to CSC, PO Box 11485, Pittsburgh, PA 15238.
Once your application is deemed complete and has been approved by the CSC Board, you will be notified that your name has been placed on the waiting list. Upon your receipt of an offer for membership to CSC, you have two (2) weeks to accept this offer and to submit payment of the Initiation and Bond Fees to CSC. Full payment of the annual dues will be required prior to the beginning of the season. Prorated dues payment will be required for membership spots offered during the season.
Members who use a babysitter or nanny to help with childcare over the summer need to complete an application and register their sitter/nanny with the club. When the sitter/nanny is at the pool with your children and you are not present, no fee is required. If the sitter/nanny is present when you, the member, is present, the sitter/nanny must pay the guest fee. In past years we have used a paper form, but in 2021, we are hoping to register sitters via this new site.
To apply for a guard or front desk position at CSC, please go to www.guardforlife.com. When filling out the application, please make sure you indicate in the notes section that you would like to work at CSC.
Our snack bar is operated by a separate vendor; you can ask about hiring here: firstname.lastname@example.org